CEBroker Tracking #20-1156134
No Book to Buy - Online Text - 2CE
Unlimited Test Retakes
Sponsor Approval: APA sponsored, NBCC and ASWB hours/credit.
Course delivery method and format: self-paced online training.
1. Course Reading,
2. Online Post Test
3. Course Evaluation.
After successfully completing the Course Reading, Post Test and Evaluation a certificate of completion will be issued online.
Implicit Bias Training
This training course aims to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of implicit biases, their impact on decision-making processes, and strategies for mitigating their effects. Implicit biases are automatic and unconscious attitudes or stereotypes that influence judgments and actions. Recognizing and addressing these biases is crucial for creating inclusive environments and fostering fair practices in various aspects of life, including workplaces, educational settings, and community interactions.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
Define Implicit Bias:
- Understand the concept of implicit bias and differentiate it from explicit bias.
- Recognize common forms of implicit biases, including those related to race, gender, age, and other identity factors.
Explore the Origins of Implicit Bias:
- Examine the psychological and societal factors that contribute to the development of implicit biases.
- Identify the role of cultural influences, media, and personal experiences in shaping unconscious attitudes.
Understand the Impact of Implicit Bias:
- Analyze how implicit biases affect decision-making processes in various contexts, such as hiring, education, healthcare, and law enforcement.
- Explore the consequences of unchecked biases on individuals and marginalized groups.