Law and Ethics 12 Hours
Total Hours: 12 CE
No Book to Buy - Online Text Based Course
Unlimited Test Retakes
Sponsor Approval: This course is accepted by the CA BBS for continuing education credit. We do not offer university credit.
Course delivery method and format: self-paced online training.
1. Course Reading,
2. Online PostTest
3. Course Evaluation.
After successfully completing the Course Reading, PostTest and Evaluation a certificate of completion will be issued online.
Intermediate level course
This course is a text based course with an online PostTest. The test questions are taken from vignette describing actual situations. This course was written and posted to meet the BBS requirement to retake the ethics exam.
1. The clinician will be able to describe the Code of Ethics.
2. The clinician will be able to discriminate how the supervisory role can be used to prevent the violation of boundaries.
3. The clinician will be able to transfer Informed Consent.
4. The clinician will be able to differentiate the ethical and legal principals of confidentiality.
5. The clinician will be able to examine confidentiality laws and the impact of those laws on the therapeutic relationship.
6. The clinician will be able to apply ethical codes to the termination of therapy.
7. The clinician will be able to identify Child and Elder Abuse Reporting Laws.
8. The clinician will be able to describe unprofessional conduct.
9. The clinician will be able to understand the underlying structure of scope of practice.