Suicide Assessment and Prevention
total hours: 6
No Books to Buy, Online Text
Unlimited Test Retakes
Sponsor Approval: Please visit our provider approval page for a list of national and state sponsored approvals.
Course delivery method and format: self-paced online training.
1. Course Reading,
2. Online PostTest
3. Course Evaluation.
After successfully completing the Course Reading, PostTest and Evaluation a certificate of completion will be issued online.
Course Presenter: Ann West, M.A. has over 30 years of experience as a Licensed Clinical Psychotherapist. She’s currently the clinical director for Vista Continuing Education. She creates, designs and implements online training programs for mental health professional.
Intermediate level course
Course Description: This course is not intended to offer legal advice or to provide a substitute for legal advice. This is a course which will provide you with a general understanding of issues of suicidality which therapist face but if you find yourself in a difficult situation in which you do not clearly understand what you should do, it is of vital importance that you take the matter seriously and consult with colleagues, an attorney, or an ethics review committee.
1. The clinician will be able to describe the risk factors associated with suicidal behavior.
2. The clinician will be able to discriminate thoughts, plans, behaviors and intent.
3. The clinician will be able to describe the assessment of risk and determine the level of risk.
4. The clinician will be able to determine the treatment plan to address/reduce current risk.
5. The clinician will be able to describe steps, goals, and things to consider when talking with clients about reducing access to lethal means.